Dublin Institute for
Theoretical Particle Physics Group
Finding the Theoretical Particle Physics Group
Where we are in Dublin
The TPPG is located at 10 Burlington Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, which
the home of the School of Theoretical
Physics, the School of Celtic
Studies and the Central
Administration of the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies. It is
south of the city centre, located within walking distance (about 20
from St. Stephen's Green via Baggot Street).
A map of the Greater
Area shows the
relative locations of the airport, ferry terminals and DIAS.
A map of part of the city
centre shows the
locations of the two parts of DIAS relative to Trinity College and
St. Stephen's Green.
How to get to the TPPG if arriving...
- By Plane-Dublin Airport is about 5 miles north
city centre, and there are several ways to get into the city from
All of the following can be found right outside the Baggage Claim area
the Arrivals Terminal:
- Taxi: A taxi directly to the TPPG will cost roughly
- Airlink: This is the regular bus to Busaras, the central bus
in the city centre. It costs £3.00 and leaves every 15 minutes.
- Dublin Bus (Bus Átha Cliath): The 41, 41A, 41B and 41C
cost £1.15 and terminate on Marlborough Street, by the Abbey
- Aircoach: This runs every 15 minutes, and will take you to
most of the
major hotels in Dublin. £4.00 will get you to the Burlington
(at the corner of Burlington Road and Leeson Street), which is very
(3 minutes' walk) to the TPPG.
- By Ferry-There are several harbours in Ireland
service ferry routes:
- Belfast, Larne, Cork and Rosslare all provide easy access to
- Stena Line ferries arrive in Dún Laoghaire harbour,
which is 10
miles south of Dublin and is near to a DART station (the local commuter
rail). DART trains run roughly every 15 minutes, and all northbound
stop at both the Landsdowne Road and Pearse Street stations, each of
is within walking distance of the Institute; both cost about
direct taxi costs roughly £15.00.
- Irish Ferries operates to Dublin harbour, and a taxi costs
£5.00. There are regular buses into the city centre.
- By Train-There are two mainline train stations
- Heuston Station services trains from Cork & Galway. A
roughly £8.00. There are regular buses to the city centre.
- Connolly Station services trains from Belfast & Rosslare.
walk gets you to the TPPG; otherwise, a taxi will cost roughly